ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2008 with an intake of 60. The department is always doing its best efforts to meet the objective of achieving technical excellence in the core areas of Power, Energy and control. Based on the infrastructure facilities and faculty strength the department was accorded approval by AICTE, New Delhi and Anna University Chennai.The department has well equipped laboratories through which creative ideas are sown in the minds of the students. Various laboratories are established with the wide range of equipments for doing their regular laboratory experiments. Highly qualified and experienced faculty with specialization in Power Systems, Power Electronics, Applied Electronics, and Energy are looking after research and administration works besides teaching. Research groups have been formed and they are doing active research in the following areas.
- Power Quality
- Load Frequency Control
- Optimal Reactive power planning
- Facts Controllers in Power System
- Optimal Power Flow
- Harmonic Analysis
- Power system optimization
- Contingency Analysis
- Generation Expansion Planning Energy
- To be successful with careers in industry, academia or the public sector, or in achieving advanced degrees in engineering or other disciplines.
- To demonstrate peer-recognized expertise in at least one of the core areas of electrical and electronics engineering, such as circuits, communications, signal processing, controls, electromagnetics, electronics, digital systems, power systems, energy management, industrial automation and control systems.
- To demonstrate the desire and capability to grow continuously in professional ability with life-long learning through graduate study or professional improvement opportunities and through self-study.
- To exhibit leadership and to function well on multidisciplinary teams to solve distributed tasks that may span enterprises, geographies, and cultures initiative to advance professional and organizational goals and facilitate the achievement of others in existing as well as new enterprises.